Friday, January 28, 2011

Giraffa camelopardalis

Hi Ching Ye, we have so many mutual friends in the world of Animation and your story has been mentioned by several of them. I hope that your recovery is going well and that I can help to inspire your drawing in some way. I went to Taronga Zoo (in Sydney) today and forgot my sketch pad. The zoo didn't have paper to give me and before I could find a pile of napkins to sketch on, I saw this tiny sketch pad made out of Elephant dung. Lovely texture without the scent one might expect :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good one Marcus! Tim and I are planning to do some drawing at Perth zoo this week. aw, it won't be the same without you :P
    Ching Yee, hope the walking/crutches are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Marcus and many thanks for the lovely giraffe despite the paper difficulty! Appreciate your mighty effort! ^_^
    Rosey - how's your study going??

    ReplyDelete